Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Let the Spirit Lead Baby!!!


What a great day!  Let the Spirit lead!!! 

The last couple of days I have been fighting a bug.  Now I don't have time for getting sick so I seldom do but I can tell when my body is fighting something off.  Today started off good but I soon developed a headache that got worse as the day progressed. 

Being a type A personality, that really gets in the way.  I had certain things that I expected to accomplish today and I was struggling to do so.  This is where that sensitivity to the leading of the Holy Spirit comes in.  Through a series of circumstances I found myself watching a Newsboys video of their concert tour We Are Go. 

I don't know about you but music can really reach me and touch me.  As I was watching the video it brought back such great memories because I had taken by daughter to that particular tour.  In addition I have always loved the lyrics of many of the Newsboys songs.  I found myself singing along and feeling a bit better.

Next thing I know I am out of my chair and putting my running stuff on and hitting the treadmill.  I've got the Newsboys jamming in my headphones and I spend the next 20-25 minutes running, singing, and praising God.  Wow, that felt great!!!

Who would have thought that was what I needed.  Certainly not me.  Running was the last thing I had on my mind.  I had work to do, things to accomplish.  But you know what?  I let the Holy Spirit lead and I feel so much better for it!

When is the last time you let the Holy Spirit interrupt your day and lead you in a direction you didn't expect?  Next time it happens, go with the flow and I believe you will be truly blessed.

And if you'd like to be blessed by some great music check this out!


No comments:

Post a Comment