Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

We Just Never Know


 
Ruth 2:10-12(NKJV)
10So she fell on her face, bowed down to the ground, and said to him, “Why have I found favor in your eyes, that you should take notice of me, since I am a foreigner?”
11And Boaz answered and said to her, “It has been fully reported to me, all that you have done for your mother-in-law since the death of your husband, and how you have left your father and your mother and the land of your birth, and have come to a people whom you did not know before. 
12The Lord repay your work, and a full reward be given you by the Lord God of Israel, under whose wings you have come for refuge.”

Folks, it's a small world out there and it is shrinking by the minute.  I have run into people all across this country that I know when I travel.  I once ran into people I knew at a rest stop in Iowa as I was hitchhiking to California.  I have run into people from my home town when I was traveling in Europe.  I have some friends that ran into someone they knew in Nairobi, Kenya of all places.  It's truly a small, small world!

You're probably wondering, is this leading to a Disney song?  All together now:  It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all…….:)

Notice how Ruth is surprised that she is even noticed because she isn't from around there.  How would Boaz even know of her?  But what does Boaz say?  "It has been fully reported to me…". 

Never underestimate the effect your words and actions have on others, even those who you would never expect to be affected.  As Christians we represent Christ here on earth. 

Matthew 25:40(NKJV)
40And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

And always remember that even if no one else sees, God sees.  Don't worry about getting credit for the good things that you do here on earth.  Sometimes you will and sometimes you won't.  Just rest assured that God sees all that we do on His behalf and he takes note.  We will be rewarded for it.  Both in this lifetime and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment