Search This Blog

Friday, January 25, 2013

The Lord Had Told Samuel In His Ear


1 Samuel 9:15-16(NKJV)
15Now the Lord had told Samuel in his ear the day before Saul came, saying, 
16“Tomorrow about this time I will send you a man from the land of Benjamin, and you shall anoint him commander over My people Israel, that he may save My people from the hand of the Philistines; for I have looked upon My people, because their cry has come to Me.”

Has God ever spoken in your ear?  I'm not talking about getting a feeling from God or getting an intuition.  I'm talking about actually hearing God speaking to you?

"Now the Lord had told Samuel in his ear" for me indicates a couple of things.  First it tells me that God will often times communicate with us directly and that.  Secondly the phrase "in his ear" indicates to me at least that sometimes we will actually hear the voice of God talking to us.

Ray Lewis, retiring middle linebacker for the Baltimore Ravens tells about how early in his career he was in a situation in Atlanta where he found himself in trouble and in jail.  He tells of feeling the presence of God in that cell and of God leaning down and whispering in his ear, "Can you hear me now Ray?".  (Sounds like a Verizon commercial doesn't it?)
 
Now I know that many may be skeptical but I have actually experienced this twice in my life.  The first time it ever happened it was the weirdest thing.  But at the same time it left no doubt in my mind that it was God speaking directly to me and it left no doubt as to the message He was giving me.

Would you like to have that type of relationship with God?  It all starts with accepting Jesus.  Just start the conversation.  He will take it from there.  "Dear Jesus…."

No comments:

Post a Comment