Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Let Them Alone!


As so often happens when you have been studying the Bible as long as I have, I ran across a verse that said something that I had never noticed before.  

Matthew 15:13-14(NKJV)
13But He answered and said, “Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted. 
14Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch.”

We've often heard that Jesus would like nothing better than to see everyone saved and I'm sure that's true.  And it seemed to me that there was a sense that we had to do "absolutely everything we could possibly do" to see that all were saved.

This Scripture seems to me to be saying something a bit different.  It's saying make a reasonable case to those that you are trying to save and then if they reject Jesus, move one.  Leave them alone.  Don't badger them.  Continue to pray for them if you want but leave them alone and move on.  God has already told us that not all will be saved.  To expect that all will seems to me to go against God's plan to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment