Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Talk of all His wondrous works!


 
1 Chronicles 16:7-11(NKJV)
7On that day David first delivered this psalm into the hand of Asaph and his brethren, to thank the Lord:
8    Oh, give thanks to the Lord!      Call upon His name;     Make known His deeds among the peoples!
9    Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him;     Talk of all His wondrous works!
10    Glory in His holy name;     Let the hearts of those rejoice who seek the Lord!
11    Seek the Lord and His strength;     Seek His face evermore!

What a beautiful passage.  This passage really describes much of my prayer time.  I have a hard time spending much time asking for things.  I figure I asked God to guide my life, He knows way in advance what I need, even before I do, so I find myself just being extremely grateful in my prayer time. 

Just spending time thanking Him for being on the job and marveling at how He does it.  How over time I can look back and see how seemingly unconnected events fit into God's plan. 

The other thing I liked about this passage is that I think it has one of the keys to witnessing hidden within it. 

Make known His deeds and talk if His wondrous work ; as it relates to your life.  In other words share what God has done for you in real terms.  Not some vague "you get to go to heaven someday" but how being a follower of Jesus Christ has impacted your life in a real, tangible way here and now!

No comments:

Post a Comment