Search This Blog

Friday, June 14, 2013

When You Let God Lead...


Life can be so cool.  I had a great experience yesterday that just reminded me of God's power to lead if we will just listen.

I had been in a funk for a couple of days.  No big deal.  Just one of those patches where I felt like I was just spinning my wheels but not getting anything done.  You know what I mean?  For a type A personality like me, not being productive is annoying.

Well what was my response?  In typical type A fashion I was just going to buckle down and use my human will to power through it.  And how did that turn out you ask?  I think you can probably guess can't you?

Well late yesterday morning even though I had tons to do I felt God telling me "Dude, chill!  Go take a bike ride.".   Now that was the last thing I had time for.  I hadn't earned it yet.  (I like to set goals and then reward myself with little things like that.)

Luckily I learned a long time ago that when God steps in and tells you to do something other than what you had planned, it is a good idea to listen.  And that is what I did in this case. 

I had a half hour bike ride with my favorite music in my head.  It was awesome!  Have you ever noticed how music can reach in and touch your soul.     The combination of the wind in my face and the music in my head had a big smile on my face in no time. 

I came back and was more productive the rest of the day than I think I would have been if I had ignored God and just kept working.

Just another example that if you let God lead life can be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment