Search This Blog

Thursday, September 12, 2013

I Came To Bring Division!


One of the things I have written about often is what I perceive of as the belief in Kumbaya Jesus.  That Jesus came to earth to bring everyone together and that if you believe in Jesus, cool, and if you don't that is OK too because Jesus just really wants us all to just get along.

I believe that view is totally wrong and here is another Scripture to back up my belief.

Luke 12:49-53(NKJV)
49“I came to send fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! 
50But I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how distressed I am till it is accomplished! 
51Do you suppose that I came to give peace on earth? I tell you, not at all, but rather division. 
52For from now on five in one house will be divided: three against two, and two against three. 
53Father will be divided against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.”

Now lest you think this is an aberration check out Matthew 10:34 which says pretty much the same thing.

Matthew 10:34-36(NKJV)
34“Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. 
35For I have come to ‘set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’; 
36and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household.’ £ 

Jesus' purpose isn't to bring the whole world together, it is to force the world to chose sides.  He didn't come to bring everyone together and let bygones be bygones.  He came to make us all chose to be on the side of God, or not. 

So what is your choice?  I chose to be on the side of God.  How about you?  Not sure how to do it.  The first step is accepting Jesus.  Have you done that yet?  Just have a conversation with Jesus and share with Him what is on your heart.  "Dear Jesus…"

No comments:

Post a Comment