Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I Was Looking For This Verse the Other Day!


Luke 18:29-30(NKJV)
So He said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or parents or brothers or wife or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God, 
who shall not receive many times more in this present time, and in the age to come eternal life.”

You've probably experienced this before haven't you?  You can remember the gist of a verse but you really can't remember where it is.  You just know it is in there somewhere.

One of the goals of my writing has always been to high light the living, practical benefits of Christianity.  While that Salvation thing is vitally important, for a lot of new believers that is too far down the road (hopefully) to be all that concerned about at the present time.  For those people I think it is helpful to try and answer what's in it for them right now.

One of my favorite Scriptures to answer that question is above.  Let me paraphrase.  There is not a single person who gives something up for Jesus who won't get back many times what they gave up for Him right here on earth, as well as in the future.  And the more you go all in for Jesus the more you will reap the rewards.  Seems pretty simple to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment