Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Confusion Week?


LOL, this must be confusion week because I'm going to write today about something else in the Bible I find confusing.  I have been reading the book of Job. 

Now I admire Job.  But at the same time I just find the book itself a bit hard to read.  It's in that Old Testament style that sometimes leaves me feeling like I'm reading a foreign language.  :)

Why do I admire Job?  How many other humans have found such favor in God's eye that God had the confidence in Job to allow Satan to attack Job?  Think about that.  Satan asks God if Satan can go after Job and God says "have at him.  You can do pretty much anything to him but don't kill him.". 

Would God have that same kind of confidence in you or me? 

Some compliment though isn't it?  Job's reward for being so true to God was that God let Satan attack him.  What the heck?  That's not the way it is supposed to be is it?  But that is part of being willing to be used by God in any way God wishes.

Which brings me back to why I admire Job.  I have always said "God use me any way you want.  Everything I have comes from you so it's yours to do with as you please.".  Job answered that call and came through with flying colors.  But as I look at Job I have to wonder, could I go through all that and still defer to and praise God? 

I hope so and in my heart I think I could, but I would prefer to not have the chance to find out.  :)

Have a great day folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment