Search This Blog

Thursday, February 20, 2014

How the heck does God do that?


I know this is horrible but man am I glad I am done with Job for this time around.  I love the way Scripture reveals more and more about God to us as we are ready to learn it.  The downside of that I have found is that occasionally I'll hit a spell where nothing is really speaking to me for days on end.  It's like it is written in a foreign language. 

That's the way it was with Job this time around.  That's why I always read a chapter from the Old Testament and a chapter from the New Testament each day.  That way if one part doesn't have anything for me that day the other part usually does.

Anyway on to Psalms.  It used to be that Psalms was like that for me.  Didn't speak to me much.  But last time through (the Bible.  I just keep reading it over and over) I really enjoyed the Psalms.  It's was like God had re-written it or something.  I couldn't believe that I had read these same words before and not enjoyed them. 

To me that is just a great example of how the Holy Spirit works in our lives.  He  resides in us and knows exactly where we are at in life.  He knows God's Word intimately and that is how He is able to reveal to us just what we need just when we need it.   

And how do you get the Holy Spirit you ask?  Easy.  Simply ask Jesus, God's Son, to be the Lord and Savior of your life.   Ask Jesus to come into your life and guide you.  Just have a conversation with Jesus and let him know what is on your heart.  "Dear Jesus…."

Once you have accepted Jesus you will get the Holy Spirit to reside in you and guide you.  Then dig into God's Word and watch it be revealed to you over time.  It's an amazing thing!

Tomorrow we will take a look at Psalm 1

No comments:

Post a Comment