Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

"A dog returns to his own vomit"


I've got to tell you that I love God's sense of humor and style.  Some of the phrases I run across in the Bible just crack me up. 

Here is one I ran across today.  It speaks to those who have accepted Christ but then fall away.  Check it out.

2 Peter 2:22(NKJV)
22But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” £ and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”

LOL!  A dog returns to his vomit!  Doesn't that just paint the perfect word picture?  For anyone who has ever had a dog, we all know that is true.  We've probably all seen a dog lick up it's own vomit.

Probably not the most politically correct way to put it.  I can just hear some people complaining that the phrase is demeaning to the people you are referring to.  Apparently God doesn't much care about political correctness.  Seems to me that God is much more interested in getting his point across. 

"A dog returns to his own vomit" sure does that!

No comments:

Post a Comment