Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Why Is Attitude So Important To God?


Many of you know that Romans 5:3-5 is one of my favorite Scriptures.

Romans 5:3-5(NKJV)
3And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 
4and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 
5Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

 Today I found another one along the same lines.

James 1:2-3(NKJV)
2My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials
3knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 

Notice the similarities.  Notice the focus on the attitude with which we bear adversity.

Why do you think that is so important to God?

I don't mean to speak for God so here is my guess as to why that is.  I think it is a manifestation or sign of our true faith.  And we know how important faith is to God.

I believe that by taking adversity in stride with a joyous attitude simply demonstrates in a real and concrete way, our faith that God has our back and it will all work out in the end. 

So next time something goes amiss, instead of getting stressed about it, smile and thank God for another chance to demonstrate your faith in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment