Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Is God's Mercy Automatic?



A lot of people seem to think that God's mercy is automatic.  I don't believe it is.   Take a look.

Jeremiah 3:12-13(NKJV)
12Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say:      ‘Return, backsliding Israel,’ says the Lord;     ‘I will not cause My anger to fall on you.     For I am merciful,’ says the Lord;     ‘I will not remain angry forever.
13    Only acknowledge your iniquity,     That you have transgressed against the Lord your God,     And have scattered your charms     To alien deities under every green tree,      And you have not obeyed My voice,’ says the Lord.

There is usually a requirement to receive God's mercy.  As an example, to receive salvation which is the biggest mercy of all we first need to accept Jesus as our Savior.  

I believe the same hold true in most other cases.  Whenever we cross God He will offer us mercy provided that we acknowledge our iniquities.  In other words, once we apologize to God we are then eligible for His mercy.

Make sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment