Search This Blog

Thursday, June 4, 2015

You mean they don't all get a trophy?


One of the things I love about my daily walk is that there are always new things to discover and learn.  I try to look for guidance in all areas of my life when I read Scripture. 

I wrote the other day "Run the Race Baby!" which was about what I view as society's false belief  that competition is bad and all should get trophies because "at least they tried".   

Today I found another verse that I think backs up my belief that competition is good and not all should get trophies or honors.  Check this out and see if you agree. 

1 Corinthians 12:25-26(NKJV)
25that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. 
26And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.

Notice that it doesn't say "if one member is honored" all should be honored.  It says "if one member is honored" the others should be happy for that person.

Big difference in my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment