Search This Blog

Monday, June 15, 2015

No Rest In My Spirit


I find this a bit confusing.  Paul says that there was a door opened to him by Jesus but Paul had a troubled spirit so chose not to go through the door opened by Jesus.

2 Corinthians 2:12-13(NKJV)
12Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ’s gospel, and a door was opened to me by the Lord, 
13I had no rest in my spirit, because I did not find Titus my brother; but taking my leave of them, I departed for Macedonia.

So you mean to tell me that Paul decided he knew better than Jesus what Paul needed? 

I take a somewhat different approach.  If I feel God has led me to that point and I have peace in my spirit then I believe that is from God.  If I don't have a spirit of peace I don't believe that it is from God.  That is why I find this confusing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment