Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

As Do I!!!


 
Mark 6:4-6(NKJV)
But Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his own country, among his own relatives, and in his own house.” 
Now He could do no mighty work there, except that He laid His hands on a few sick people and healed them. 
And He marveled because of their unbelief. Then He went about the villages in a circuit, teaching.

I also marvel at people's unbelief.  To me the proof is so overwhelming that I have a hard time understanding people not believing in God and Jesus.  That proof being all the times in my life when I have personally experienced God's direct intervention in my life.  The proof being all of the other people who have experienced the living God as well.

What strikes me about this sentence most though is that even  Jesus was taken a bit by surprise at their unbelief.  The way I interpret that along with other Scripture is that it wasn't that He didn't expect their unbelief.  He had spoken of that before.  Too me it just shows that He was a bit surprised at the depth of their unbelief. 

For some reason I find that a bit refreshing.  I like that even God can be taken by surprise a little bit now and then.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment