Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2016

When God calls…answer the call!!!


Those of you who follow my writing or have heard me speak know that one of my bedrock beliefs is that when God calls we should answer the call and the more uncomfortable the call makes us the more important it is to answer that call.  The reason is that God has identified a new way he would like to bless us if we will only let Him by answering the call.

I've heard the story of Jonah since I was a kid and I had never make the connection.  Take a look.

Jonah 1:1-3(NKJV)
Now the word of the Lord came to Jonah the son of Amittai, saying, 
“Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry out against it; for their wickedness has come up before Me.” 
But Jonah arose to flee to Tarshish from the presence of the Lord. He went down to Joppa, and found a ship going to Tarshish; so he paid the fare, and went down into it, to go with them to Tarshish from the presence of the Lord.

This was all about Jonah not answering the call and even worse, trying to evade the call.  Too cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment