Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Was this a prophecy of Paul's ministry 760 years before Jesus?


A little background here.  Amos was a prophet to Israel in around 760 BC.  That's 760 years before Jesus.  That is why I found this passage so interesting.  Is it prophesying Paul's ministry?  Read the passage and then I'll explain why I asked?

Amos 9:12(NKJV)
    That they may possess the remnant of Edom,     And all the Gentiles who are called by My name,”     Says the Lord who does this thing.

Back in the day the Jews were God's chosen people.  When Jesus came there were many who believed He was the Savior only to the Jewish people.  But then Paul came along and his ministry was to the Gentiles. 

Back in the OT I don't remember non Jews (Gentiles) being called God's people.  That is why I wonder if this passage from way back in the OT was a predictor of Paul's ministry. 

Something to ponder!

No comments:

Post a Comment