Search This Blog

Monday, June 6, 2016

Does God look out for everyone or just His own?


I think that there are a lot of people out there who get this wrong.  They think that God is looking out for everyone.  I don't believe that is what Scripture teaches.  Take a look and see what you think.

Psalms 101:6(NKJV)
    My eyes shall be on the faithful of the land,      That they may dwell with me;     He who walks in a perfect way,     He shall serve me.

While this is just one Scripture I could find many more in a heartbeat.  God specifically says that He is looking out for the faithful, not for everyone, for the faithful.  Those who listen to God and strive to develop a relationship with Him and do His will.  Those who believe in His son, Jesus Christ. 

As I have said in the past I look for confirmation of concepts in both the Old T and the New T.  I can provide that in this case as well.  There are several spots in the New T where we are described as "heirs" with Christ.  Now what does that mean?  Well to me one of the things it means is that you are part of the family and get preferential treatment from God.  In other words God is looking out for His heirs. 

Want another example?  Take a look at what Jesus says in the book of John.

John 17:9-11(NKJV)
“I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours. 
And all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine, and I am glorified in them. 
Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are. 

Here Jesus makes the exact distinction that He is not praying for everyone (the world) but He is only praying for protection for God's people, those who are serving God. 

Interesting isn't it? 

I don't know about you but I love the fact that God is watching out for me.  I see it in my life all the time.  Would you like to have that comfort as well?  It starts with accepting Jesus.  Simply ask Jesus to come in to your life and guide you.  Have a conversation with Jesus.  "Dear Jesus….."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment