Search This Blog

Thursday, June 2, 2016

God is….


I mentioned a while ago that I am doing a word study on the phrase God is….

To refresh your memory I found that there are about 40 words used in the Bible with the phrase God is.  For example God is wise; God is love; God is merciful.  Some of the words are used only a couple of times and one word is used 34 times.  The word that comes in second is used only 12 times so it seems to me that the word used 34 times may have some special significance.  I'll share what that word is later.

So I have now started going through the words one by one.  I started with God is …. Wise.  What I found is that the word wise is used in the Bible over 180 times but I could only find 2-3 instances where the Bible specifically says "God is wise". 

But what a blessing it has been to see what the whole Bible has to say about wisdom (being wise).  God exhorts us over and over to seek wisdom, knowledge, and understanding.  I wonder how many actually take that to heart and do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment