Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

What a quandary!



And wouldn't you know.  It comes from something Paul has said.

Romans 13:1-2(NKJV)
Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 
Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 

So all of the people who resisted Hitler brought judgement on themselves?  I don't think so!

I just don't buy this.  It doesn't fit the character of God that I have come to know. 

The reason it creates a quandary for me is that it was said by Paul.  So on the one hand I have no problem discounting it as just more of Paul's weird sayings, but on the other hand Paul was hand-picked by Jesus to be a disciple so is it right to discount anything Paul says? 

Oh well.  Something to continue pondering!  :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment