Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Really??? I disagree.


I find these verses suspect.  Especially the last part.  It seems more like an effort to manipulate and control people through guilt than anything else.  Read it and I'll explain. 

1 John 3:4-6(NKJV)
Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 
And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 
Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

We are told that even when we accept Jesus we will still occasionally sin and need forgiveness.  If that is true and I think it is, then to have one of the disciples come back later and say if we sin at all then it is proof that don't know Jesus. I call BS on that one. 

In my opinion it goes back to what Jesus called "a heart issue".  In other words if we are doing our best to stay focused on Jesus and to follow Jesus and we stumble, that is totally different than someone who totally rejects Jesus and sins purposely.   

We all know that we serve a just God.  I believe that God takes into account our intent and judges accordingly.  Make sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment