Search This Blog

Thursday, May 3, 2018

The power of the tongue!


James chapter 3 is about the power of the tongue.  While I could nit pick some of the examples used, I do agree with the bigger point being made.  That there is great power in the tongue to both raise up or destroy.

I would like to touch on something that I don't think was covered in this chapter.  That is the power of self talk; to build up or destroy ourselves.

We are hung by the tongue, snared by the words of our mouths.  If we tell ourselves we can then we can and if we tell our selves we can't, we will be correct about that as well.  I hate to sound simplistic but it really is that simple and true.

I believe our self talk is more responsible for what we achieve in life than anything else except God's guidance.  Learn to eliminate all limiting self talk from your life.  It takes a while to become conscious of it but then it becomes second nature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment