Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The 7 Basics


Pastor Beth has a new book out called the 7 Basics - Strong Roots for Every Christian.  One of the things that has always attracted me to Valley Family Church is the strong emphasis on "the basics".  Check out this video message from Pastor Beth.  (About 4 minutes)


I'll bet you are wondering what the 7 Basics are aren't you?  Take a look.

7 BASICS
BASIC #1: Get To Know God
BASIC #2: Get Into The Bible
BASIC #3: Get Real In Prayer
BASIC #4: Get Into A Good Church
BASIC #5: Get Excited And Tell Somebody
BASIC #6: Get Your Head On Straight
BASIC #7: Get Ready For The Adventure


I can't wait to read it!

If you'd like to learn more about her new book you can click here!


I also wanted to share a cool chart that I found that helps me understand the order of the Prophets.  I don't know about you but I find the way the Bible does the Prophets confusing.  They are all out of order.  I just finished Joel who lived in around 500 BC.  Now I move on to Amos who was the second prophet chronologically, back in around 760 BC.  So now I am reading about stuff that was happening 260 years before the stuff that the last guy was writing about. 

See why I find it confusing?  That is why I found this chart helpful.

 
Now I can look and see when they lived and who they were a prophet to.  See how helpful that is?  There is another good chart at this site that you might want to check out also.


Well that's all for today folks.  Have a blessed day!

3 comments:

  1. I liked the little video! The book looks really good- no matter where you are in your walk with Christ, it is good to go back to the basics. I liked her sports analogy of always going back to the fundementals. Also, the chart was helpful! I always seem to get mixed up on which prophet was during which king's reign and the order. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the reasons I think athletics is so important for kids growing up. Teaches a lot of great life lessons.

    Isn't that chart cool? Go to the link below the chart and there is another great one. Very helpful.

    YOu have a great day too Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I learned so much from sports. They teach you a lot about interactions with others and about growing as a person and building a strong character.

    I saw that other one too...pretty sweet! Thanks

    ReplyDelete