Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

How close can we get to God?


I know I've used some of this scripture recently but I wanted to highlight a different aspect of it today. 

John 17:9-11(NKJV)
9“I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours. 
10And all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine, and I am glorified in them. 
11Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep£ through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are. 

John 17:21-23(NKJV)
21that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. 
22And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one
23I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.

John 17:26(NKJV)
26And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.”

What I want to highlight to day is the relationship that we have been invited into.  We don't serve an impersonal God "out there" somewhere.  We serve a God who has invited us to have a personal relationship with Him. 

Scripture tells us that God and Jesus are tight, they are of one mind and spirit.  They have been together since the very beginning.  Now we are invited into that relationship. 

What does that mean?  It means that we can directly to God with our thanks, our wants, our needs, and our desires.  We can go to God directly and ask for guidance.  We can go to God directly and seek His comfort.

So how do we get to enjoy this relationship?  By accepting Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior and then by seeking God continually.  God is willing to have just as close of a relationship as we want to have.  The more we seek Him the more He will reveal Himself to us. 

So if you are already a Christian, as you go through life today, take comfort that Jesus prayed that "they may be one just as we are one".  If your not a Christian yet, what are you waiting for?  Ask Jesus to be the Lord of your life and start sharing in the relationship that so many of us already enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment