Search This Blog

Thursday, March 15, 2012

“Surely the Lord is in this place, and I did not know it.”


Here is a verse that came out of my reading in Genesis today. 

Genesis 28:16-17(NKJV)
16Then Jacob awoke from his sleep and said, “Surely the Lord is in this place, and I did not know it. 
17And he was afraid and said, “How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven!”

Now let's contrast that with what a friend of mine posted on Facebook yesterday.


What a contrast!  Here is what strikes me about that contrast.  Jacob, a favored son of God, is surprised to find God there in the place where Jacob was at.  So surprised and astounded that he truly felt he was at the gates of Heaven.  It was an unusual occurrence for him.   

On the other hand, my friend knows that God was with her, not just in one place, but EVERYWHERE she was today.  How can she know that?  Because Jesus told her that it would be that way.

John 14:19-21(NKJV)
19“A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also. 
20At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. 
21He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

When you accept Jesus you now have God with you everywhere you go.  You don't to have wonder.  You don't have to be surprised.  You can actually count on it. 


If you would like to experience the joy that my friend obviously experiences by having God with her everywhere then simply ask Jesus to be the Lord of your life.  You'll be glad you did.


No comments:

Post a Comment