Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Has the Lord Called You to do Something - Part 2


Yesterday I wrote that if God has called you to do something - great or small, there are a couple of promises you can stand on.  We covered the first promise yesterday.  If God has called you He has promised that He will be with you!  If you missed it you can see it here: Has the Lord Called you to do Something - Great or Small?

Today we're going to talk about the second promise. 

Haggai 2:13-19(NKJV)
13And Haggai said, “If one who is unclean because of a dead body touches any of these, will it be unclean?” So the priests answered and said, “It shall be unclean.”
14Then Haggai answered and said, “‘So is this people, and so is this nation before Me,’ says the Lord, ‘and so is every work of their hands; and what they offer there is unclean.
15‘And now, carefully consider from this day forward: from before stone was laid upon stone in the temple of the Lord—
16since those days, when one came to a heap of twenty ephahs, there were but ten; when one came to the wine vat to draw out fifty baths from the press, there were but twenty. 
17I struck you with blight and mildew and hail in all the labors of your hands; yet you did not turn to Me,’ says the Lord. 
18‘Consider now from this day forward, from the twenty-fourth day of the ninth month, from the day that the foundation of the Lord’S temple was laid—consider it: 
19Is the seed still in the barn? As yet the vine, the fig tree, the pomegranate, and the olive tree have not yielded fruit. But from this day I will bless you.’”

Often times another thing that stops people is a feeling of unworthiness.  "God can only use "good" people to make things happen.  He could never use me."  Let's look at the scripture above. 

In the first part God seems to agree.  In speaking of an unclean people God says "and so is every work of their hands; and what they offer there is unclean."  But look what happens.  "‘Consider now from this day forward". 

Did you catch that?  Consider now from this day forward.  There is a turning point, a clear dividing line.  There is a day that we go from being unclean to clean in God's eyes.  When is that day?  It's the day that each of us accepts Jesus as our Lord and Savior. 

Why?  Because Scripture tells us that we are washed clean by the blood of Jesus.  If that sounds like religious gobbledy gook let me put it another way.  Because at the point that we accept Jesus we become one of the "good" guys in God's eyes. 

Good not from the standpoint that we will be perfect and never sin again because we know that isn't true but good from the standpoint that we have chosen sides and we are on God's side.  Our heart is right with God.

So the first thing God has called us all to do is accept Jesus.  Have you done that yet?  If not then take a minute right now.  Just say something like this.  "Dear Lord, I can feel you calling me.  I can feel it in my heart.  I'm not sure about all that you want but I can feel you calling.  I'm ready to accept Jesus as my Savior.  Jesus please come into my life and guide me.  And whatever else you are calling me for God, I am ready.  Please guide me in the direction you want me to go.  Amen!"

Once you have accepted Jesus there is no reason to feel unworthy.  You have already crossed the "from this day forward" line!

Now what was that second promise again?

 9Is the seed still in the barn? As yet the vine, the fig tree, the pomegranate, and the olive tree have not yielded fruit. But from this day I will bless you.

Each and every time that God calls, if you will answer the call, He will bless you.  That's a promise that you can count on from God!

2 comments:

  1. On a light note, it says that from the 24th day of the 9th month forward, He will bless you. Well, since I was born on the 25th day of the 9th month, it looks like I'm included as a blessing from God! ;)

    ReplyDelete