Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

For God has not given us a spirit of fear!


 
2 Timothy 1:7(NKJV)
7For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

This has got to be one of my very favorite verses.   God has not given us a spirit of fear! 

How do you live your life?  In a spirit of fear or in a spirit of power?  Living one way is Godly and living the other way isn't.  Do you know which is which?

Scripture is pretty clear as far as I am concerned.  If you sit around worrying and paralyzed by fear, STOP IT!!!  God did not intend for any of us to live that way.  God gave us a spirit of power and of love and of a sound mind.  He gave us all the tools we need to live a glorious life for Him, if we will just stand on His promise and use the tools that He gave us.

So why do so many people miss out on this?

2 Timothy 1:12(NKJV)
12For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.

I think it comes down to a lack of genuine belief.  It's real easy to say the words, but do you really believe it?  If not, why not?  Have you really tried it God's way?  Have you really tried living in the spirit of power that God has given us?  Or have you only mouthed the words? 

If you really believe it than it is time to start showing it in your actions.  Go live life in the spirit of power and love and a sound mind as God intended!

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite verses as well! This was our theme verse during our mission trip in Jamaica. The version we learned was, "For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and of love and of a self control."

    I loved this version b/c I personally tend to think that I'm pretty fearless... but timidity makes me think of the opposite of bold. It makes me evaluate how bold I am being...which makes me challenge myself more. I think of fear as a feeling and timidity as an action (or lack of action).

    I know the verses point to the same message, but I thought I'd share how the difference in 1 word makes me look at it a bit differently.

    ReplyDelete