Search This Blog

Monday, August 27, 2012

Rightly Dividing the Truth


 
2 Timothy 2:15(NKJV)
15Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth

Rightly dividing the truth sure can be tough.  There are many things in the Bible that are pretty clear cut.  Easy to understand. 

However there is a whole bunch of stuff in the Bible that really takes some study and some guidance to understand.  We study it by being in the Word daily.  Setting aside time in our schedules to read AND REFLECT on the Word of God.  One of the things that really helped me with the REFLECT part was keeping a daily Bible Reading Journal. 

What I do with the journal is put into words what God said to me that day through His scriptures.  In other words, what did it actually mean to me.  I started that in 2006.  I had read the Bible for many years before that but I never took the time to put into words what it meant.  Doing that added a whole new level of understanding to my spiritual life.

So we are in control of the study part but what about the guidance?  Where do we get that? 

You get the guidance through the Holy Spirit.  The Holy Spirit is that little voice inside you that drops a new way of seeing things in your mind as you read a scripture that you've read a hundred times.  The Holy Spirit is the one that turns on that light bulb of understanding on a part of scripture that you have been puzzling over for a while. 

How do you get this Holy Spirit for guidance?  By simply asking Jesus Christ to take over and be the Lord of your life.  Just close your eyes and say a little prayer like this.  "Dear Jesus, I want to learn more about you and I want to grow closer to God.  Please take over as the Lord of my life.  Amen". 

That's it. Now stay in the Word daily and be prepared to be amazed at how the Holy Spirit will help you rightly divide the truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment