Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

"For there is one God"



1 Timothy 2:5-6(NKJV)
5For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, 
6who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time, 

This can be a real sticking point for some people.  There are many out there that ask, "but don't we all serve the same God?And as I have written before, the answer is no in my opinion. 

The main reason that I believe that is that different religions have different focuses.  Christianity believes that Jesus was God's son and the only way to salvation.  Islam believes the Mohamed was the last great prophet.  If we are all serving one God then that means that God is lying to one of us and I don't believe that is in God's nature.

That's what I like about this verse.  Very simple and to the point.  One God and one path to salvation, Jesus.  Are you on that path yet?  Why not ask Jesus into your life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment