Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Are You Kidding Me???




Judges 4:6-8(NKJV)
6Then she sent and called for Barak the son of Abinoam from Kedesh in Naphtali, and said to him, “Has not the Lord God of Israel commanded, ‘Go and deploy troops at Mount Tabor; take with you ten thousand men of the sons of Naphtali and of the sons of Zebulun; 
7and against you I will deploy Sisera, the commander of Jabin’s army, with his chariots and his multitude at the River Kishon; and I will deliver him into your hand’?”
8And Barak said to her, “If you will go with me, then I will go; but if you will not go with me, I will not go!”

When I read this passage, the title was my first thought.  Are you kidding me?  Your going to over ride God's plan?  Your going to bargain with God?  Your going to tell God (in this case indirectly through the prophetess) "I'll do it but only on this condition."   Really?

I've written in the past about my belief that when God calls you should answer the call.  And the more uncomfortable that call makes you the more important it is to answer that call because God has identified an area of your life that He would like to help you grow in.  Well let me add to that.

I would strongly recommend that when God calls, not only do you answer the call but you do it His way!  If it was important enough that God assigned this task specifically to you then have enough faith that He has thought this thing through and He will equip you with all you need to accomplish the task.   God has promised us that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment