Search This Blog

Thursday, December 20, 2012

God Just Makes Me Smile Sometimes



Judges 10:3-5(NKJV)
3After him arose Jair, a Gileadite; and he judged Israel twenty-two years. 
4Now he had thirty sons who rode on thirty donkeys; they also had thirty towns, which are called £“Havoth Jair” to this day, which are in the land of Gilead. 
5And Jair died and was buried in Camon.

I love all of the things the Bible can teach us.  It's great to study it looking for all of these deep important lessons that will improve our lives.  I'm always on the look out for hidden meanings.  Always looking for hidden symbolisms. 

That's why this verse made me chuckle.  So there was this guy who had 30 sons who rode on 30 donkey and they also had 30 towns and now they are all dead and gone.  The end. 

What?  What could possibly be the significance of those things?  What do they mean?  After puzzling over it a while I just started to smile.  I believe it was a way for God to say "Lighten up.  Not everything in here has deep meaning.  Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.   Don't try to force it.  Don't try to find the meaning.  Relax and read.  Let the Holy Spirit reveal to you what I want you to get from this.".

Wow!  See how our humanity has such a tendency to sneak in there even when we are trying to do good.  We always want to be in control.  I'm in the Bible consistently and that is good.  Unfortunately without even realizing it I had gone from being in the Word so that God could reveal to me what  I needed, to pouring through the Word of my own accord.   Trying to find God's revelations to me through my power to search and find instead of relying on His power to reveal to me through the Holy Spirit.  Does that make sense? 

God is just too cool!  "Dear Lord, thank you for the 2X4 upside the head.  Got it!  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment