Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

For God Is My Witness


 
Romans 1:9-11(NKJV)
9For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of His Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers, 
10making request if, by some means, now at last I may find a way in the will of God to come to you. 
11For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift, so that you may be established—

That's right.  God sees it all.  Are you ever criticized for your spiritual beliefs and actions, even by other Christians?  Does that bother you?  Here is a simple quick down and dirty test to see if it should.

First have you accepted Christ and received the Holy Spirit?  If not then why not do that right now?  Ask Jesus to come into your life and save you.  Ask Him to lead your life.  Tell Him what you need.  Have a conversation with Him.  "Dear Jesus…."

Once you have accepted Jesus and received the Holy Spirit you have your central guidance system in place.  Now remembering that God sees all, ask yourself, "Am I in the Word and praying daily and am I doing what God has instructed me to do?  In other words, am I following God's will in my life?" 
 
Why is being in the Word and praying part of this question?  Because to know God's will for your life you need to be in communication with God.  Two of the primary ways that God communicates with us is through His Word and through prayer.  If we want God's guidance it is our responsibility to seek it.

Now back to the question and remember God sees all.  Are you following God's will for your life as you understand it through your communications with God and through the revelations of the Holy Spirit who resides in us?  If you can answer with a confident, guiltless YES knowing that God sees all, then you are good to go in my opinion.  I don't believe The Holy Spirit will let you lie to yourself or God on this issue. 

So don't listen to the nay sayers, listen to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment