Search This Blog

Thursday, January 2, 2014

"My spirit is broken"



Job 17:1(NKJV)
1    “My spirit is broken,      My days are extinguished,     The grave is ready for me.

That sentiment is hard for me to even imagine.  Does the utter despair of that statement hit you like it does me?  The total surrender.  The total giving up on life. 

I know there are many people in this world that feel like that.  Why is it that I can't imagine myself ever feeling like that?  It's not that I never go through tough times.  That would be unrealistic.  We all do.

I'll give you one work that makes the difference.  HOPE!

The eternal hope that we receive through Jesus Christ.  Hope both in our salvation in the future as well as hope for a better life today.  Not just some wishy washy hope.  "Gee I hope I win the lottery". 

No, a real bedrock hope.  A knowing deep within your soul that Jesus has your back.  That no matter what I am going through and how bad things get, as long as I keep my hope in Jesus, it will all work out for the best.  Not it might, it WILL.  That is the certainty that I have in my hope in Jesus.

Would you like to have that same bedrock hope.  It all starts with simply asking Jesus to come into your life and lead you.  Just have a conversation with  Jesus.  "Dear Jesus…."

No comments:

Post a Comment