Search This Blog

Monday, October 6, 2014

If you're aware enough to ask the question….



Here is a question for you.  Scripture tells us to depend on God and not take matters into our own hands.  Scripture also tells us that as we ask God for help in our lives, God expects us to supply the work to dig ourselves out of whatever situation we are in.  In other words, God doesn't usually just wave a magic wand to fix things.  Does that make sense? 

So here is the question.  How do we know when we have crossed the line from doing the work that God gave us to taking over and replacing God, at least in our own minds?   

That was a question I was pondering today as I meditated on God.  As a control freak I know that is something that I have to guard against.  You know what God's answer to me was? 

"If you are aware enough to ask the question then you are probably OK.  But thanks for asking.  Make sure you keep asking that question frequently the rest of your life and you'll do all right!"   :)

I can do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment