Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

How Far Should We Pursue those who Refuse To Believe?



Isaiah 46:12-13(NKJV)
12    “Listen to Me, you stubborn-hearted,      Who are far from righteousness:
13    I bring My righteousness near, it shall not be far off;     My salvation shall not linger.     And I will place salvation in Zion,      For Israel My glory.

As I have written in the past, I think we spend way to much time trying to talk people into being Christians who have no interest whatsoever in doing so. 

I think this verse gives a good description of how God handles it.  He doesn't chase them down and beat them over the head with it does He?  Nope.  God says He "brings it near".  That indicates that the stubborn and hard hearted have to make an effort to draw near to God.

In addition God let's them know that they don't have forever to change their minds.  I was going to say they don't have forever to make their choice but that would be incorrect because we are talking here about people who have already made a choice and God is just offering them the opportunity to change their minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment