Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Kumbaya Jesus or Just(ice) Jesus?


 
Isaiah 42:1-4(NKJV)
1    “Behold! My Servant whom I uphold,      My Elect One in whom My soul delights!     I have put My Spirit upon Him;     He will bring forth justice to the Gentiles.
2    He will not cry out, nor raise His voice,     Nor cause His voice to be heard in the street.
3    A bruised reed He will not break,     And smoking flax He will not quench;     He will bring forth justice for truth.
4    He will not fail nor be discouraged,     Till He has established justice in the earth;     And the coastlands shall wait for His law.”

I have written many times about my belief that those who believe in a Kumbaya Jesus are mistaken.  That God doesn't take a live and let live approach to the rejection of Jesus.  I think the above Scripture is just more evidence against a Kumbaya Jesus.

Notice the focus on justice.  God says specifically that he is sending Jesus to establish justice on earth. 

How does that relate to Kumbaya Jesus?  The Bible is very clear that God is a just God.  Someone has to pay for our sins with blood.  We have a simple choice.  We can pay for it with our blood or we can pay for it with the blood of  Jesus.  But justice requires that it be paid for. 

I believe that this Scripture just reaffirms that Jesus is just as committed to justice as God is.  Therefor when someone rejects Jesus, Jesus doesn't just shrug His shoulders and say "Oh well".  Nope.  According to the Scripture above, Jesus will be demanding justice in the end.

The question is, will you be ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment