Search This Blog

Monday, August 31, 2015

Pure conscience? Seriously?


 
2 Timothy 1:3-7(NKJV)
I thank God, whom I serve with a pure conscience, as my forefathers did, as without ceasing I remember you in my prayers night and day, 
greatly desiring to see you, being mindful of your tears, that I may be filled with joy, 
when I call to remembrance the genuine faith that is in you, which dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am persuaded is in you also. 
Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. 
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

This is Paul in his 2nd letter to Timothy.  Paul says he serves God with a clear conscience.  Think about that for a minute.  Paul was a Pharisee, as were his forefathers.  Paul was a strict adherent to the law.  Paul persecuted and personally brought about the death of many Christians, for believing in Christ.

How can Paul claim to have a pure conscience?

Easy.  That is the cleansing and saving power of Jesus Christ!  When we accept Jesus and confess our sins we are washed clean, not just given a fresh coat of paint.  Does that makes sense?  Those sins aren't just covered up, they are wiped away.  They are gone!

Have you accepted Jesus yet?  No better time that right now.  Just have a conversation with Jesus and ask Him to lead your life.  "Dear Jesus…." 

No comments:

Post a Comment