Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Pointing out sin isn't very loving….


When Christians point out immoral behavior we are often told that we shouldn't judge and to point out their immorality isn't very loving.   I have often pointed out that it actually is very loving.  How else will people know to change.

I would like to offer these verses to back up my belief.

Ezekiel 33:7-9(NKJV)
“So you, son of man: I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore you shall hear a word from My mouth and warn them for Me. 
When I say to the wicked, ‘O wicked man, you shall surely die!’ and you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand. 
Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.

Seems to me God is saying we have a responsibility to speak the truth.  If we don't speak up then their blood is on our hands.  If we do speak up and they continue in their ways, then their blood is on their own hands and we have fulfilled our obligation.  We are good to go.   

No comments:

Post a Comment