Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Some Might Ask, How Is This Just?


 
Ezekiel 21:1-3(NKJV)
And the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 
“Son of man, set your face toward Jerusalem, preach against the holy places, and prophesy against the land of Israel; 
and say to the land of Israel, ‘Thus says the Lord: “Behold, I am against you, and I will draw My sword out of its sheath and cut off both righteous and wicked from you. 

We are told that we serve a just God.  Some might ask how is it just that the righteous die along with the wicked?  I'm going to take a shot at that but right now I don't have any particular Scripture at my fingertips to back up my explanation.  That will be something to watch for in my future studies of Scripture.

I think Scripture recognizes two types of righteousness.  Individual righteousness and community righteousness.  It just seems to me that God holds the individually righteous partially responsible for the degradation of society. 

It's as if God is saying to the individually righteous that they didn't stand up and resist evil like the should have.  Therefore they will pay the same price. 

Just a guess on my part.  As I said above I'll be keeping an eye out for Scripture that either confirms or denies that view. 

No comments:

Post a Comment