Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

The Holy Trinity


One of the central tenants of my Christian belief's is that God and Jesus are always in agreement.  Anytime I find something where one seems to contradict the other I keep searching both the Old Testament and the New Testament looking for Scripture to reconcile the difference because I don't believe they are ever in disagreement.

Here is one Scripture that I think backs up that belief.

1 John 5:6-7(NKJV)
This is He who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth. 
For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. 

We know that God is the Father and Jesus is the Son.  In addition we know that Scripture tells us that Jesus is the Word made flesh. 

So if the Father and the Word are one, it would be illogical that they would teach diametrically opposed things as truth.  Therefore when I find something in the New Testament (Jesus) that seems to contradict something in the Old Testament (God), or vice versa, I know that I must be missing something and I keep searching.

And this is where the 3rd part of the Trinity comes in.  As I search I depend on the Holy Spirit to guide me to the correct understanding based on Scripture.

Make sense? 

Now how do you get the Holy Spirit to guide you?  By asking Jesus to come into your life and lead you.  It truly is that easy.  Just have a conversation with Jesus.  "Dear Jesus…."

No comments:

Post a Comment