Search This Blog

Friday, April 29, 2016

"The burden of the word of the Lord…"?


One of the things I am often struck by is the difference in tone between the Old Testament and the New Testament.  Here is a verse that stood out to me today.

Malachi 1:1(NKJV)
The burden of the word of the Lord to Israel by Malachi.

Burden?  In the OT there are several places where following God is described in terms similar to that.  The funny thing is, I have never found that to be the case in following Jesus.  I have personally found it to be just the opposite.  I have found following Jesus to be quite freeing.
 
How about you?  Are you following Him yet?  No better time than right now to start.  Just ask Jesus to come in to your life and lead you.  Have a conversation with Jesus.  "Dear Jesus…."

No comments:

Post a Comment