Search This Blog

Friday, April 15, 2016

Who is to blame for those who aren't saved?



I think I wrote about this issue recently but I ran across this Scripture today and wanted to comment on it.  There are many that ask what seems to be a very logical question. 

2 Peter 3:9(NKJV)
The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

The question is if the above is true then why does anyone really go to hell?  Here is the answer!

Luke 13:32-35(NKJV)
And He said to them, “Go, tell that fox, ‘Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.’ 
Nevertheless I must journey today, tomorrow, and the day following; for it cannot be that a prophet should perish outside of Jerusalem.
“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, but you were not willing! 
See! Your house is left to you desolate; and assuredly, I say to you, you shall not see Me until the time comes when you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’

Right there in a nutshell.  God will not force salvation on you.  The reason some people go to hell is that they chose to.  The offer of Salvation is there for all to accept.  Those who reject it have no one to blame but themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment