Search This Blog

Thursday, December 29, 2016

God is…complete!!!


As I continue my word study I am finding that it is hard to draw a lesson from some of the words.  Complete is one of them.  Here are some verses.  Read through them and I'll offer some thoughts.

Philippians 1:3-6(NKJV)
I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, 
always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, 
for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, 
being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; 

2 Timothy 3:16-17(NKJV)
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 
that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Hebrews 13:21(NKJV)
make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 15:1(NKJV)
Then I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvelous: seven angels having the seven last plagues, for in them the wrath of God is complete.

If I were to draw one overriding impression from these verses it is that God likes to see things through.  If God gives us a vision of His will then God will always give us what is necessary to complete the vision.  The problem too often is that we give up instead of seeing it through.

The other thing I see here is in Revelation.  For those who reject the idea of God sending anyone to hell I would suggest that they reconsider.  Revelation specifically says that God's wrath will be complete!  That doesn't sound like letting people slide to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment