Search This Blog

Monday, December 12, 2016

"The rest of the story" as Paul Harvey used to say.


We are all familiar with the Scripture that says "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".  But how many of us can quote the beginning of the verse?  I think that by focusing just on the end of the Scripture a big part of the message is getting lost.

Let's take a look.

Philippians 4:10-13(NKJV)
But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last your care for me has flourished again; though you surely did care, but you lacked opportunity. 
Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content
I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

To be content, no matter where you are at that particular time in life.  To be content.  Doesn't mean you have to settle for where you are at.  Doesn't mean you shouldn't always strive to improve.  Just means that we need to be content where we are.

I think it is just another way of affirming our faith.  By being content we show confidence in God's promises that things will get better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment