Search This Blog

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Faith and Strength


I so love studying God's Word!!!!!  You all are probably sick of hearing that.  I love how God, through the Holy Spirt, can whisper to you "did you ever think of it this way?" and it gives a verse a whole new meaning! 

Here is what God laid on me today. 

As I have written recently I am studying the word strength.  Here is a verse I ran across today that got this thought train moving.

Psalms 62:7(NKJV)
    In God is my salvation and my glory;     The rock of my strength,     And my refuge, is in God.

Throughout the Old Testament God is described as strong and mighty.  He is the source of our strength. 

On the other hand the central message of Jesus is faith.  We have to have faith.  Faith that Jesus is who He claims to be and faith that our belief in Jesus will get us to Heaven.

Faith and strength.  Strength and faith.

You know, when things are going tough it takes faith to believe that God will provide you the strength to see you through the tough times. 

On the other hand, it take strength to make it through the tough times when our faith is being tested. 

Faith and strength.  Strength and faith.

I know many people wonder what is the deal with the trinity?  Why not just let God fulfill all the roles?  Well here is an example of how the central message of these two parts of the trinity actually complement each other and make us more complete.  Pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment