Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

"The Lord is a man of war"


Hmm.  That's got to be a shocker to all of the people who insist Jesus is a pacifist doesn't it?  Scripture tells us that God and Jesus are in agreement. (That whole house divided against itself thing)  Therefore if God is a man of war Jesus can't be a pacifist. 

Take a look at the verse and then I'll explain why I think this is an important point.

Exodus 15:2-3(NKJV)
    The Lord is my strength and song,     And He has become my salvation;     He is my God, and I will praise Him;     My father’s God, and I will exalt Him.
    The Lord is a man of war;     The Lord is His name.

So why is this important?  I think it helps bring the view of Jesus back to the middle.  He is a man of peace but not a pacifist.  In other words He doesn't just roll over and keep taking abuse no matter what.  There is a point where Jesus says enough is enough and the "man of war" will be coming out. 

In fact here is what Revelation says about Jesus.

Revelation 19:11(NKJV)
Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war

Now let me remind you of another one of my Bible study principals.  I look for confirmation in both the Old Testament and the New Testament.  And we have it in this case don’t we?  The OT says "the Lord is a man of war" and the NT confirms that Jesus will make war in the end times. 

Hmm, making war sure seems like a funny thing for a pacifist to do.  :)

But there is a more important point here in regards to salvation.  Those who think Jesus is a pacifist also think that ultimately Jesus is too nice of a guy to actually send anybody to hell.  I believe the Scripture above shows just how wrong they will be. 

So what about you?  Are you ready if Jesus does indeed say enough is enough?  Have you asked Jesus to lead you in life?  Because in the end that will be the difference between basking in Jesus' love or living eternally in his wrath. 

Why not take care of the issue right now?  Have a conversation with Jesus.  Let Him know where you are at and what you need.  He'll take it from there.  "Dear Jesus…."

No comments:

Post a Comment