Search This Blog

Friday, January 5, 2018

Paul's Inferiority Complex


Have you ever noticed that Paul seems to have an inferiority complex in regards to the other Apostles?  I wonder why that is?  Could that be the "thorn in his side" that He writes about in 2nd Corinthians? 

2 Corinthians 12:11(NKJV)
I have become a fool in boasting; you have compelled me. For I ought to have been commended by you; for in nothing was I behind the most eminent apostles, though I am nothing. 

There are many references like this in Paul's writings.  I just find it odd.  I wonder if it has to do with the fact that he is the only Apostle that wasn't there with Jesus during His ministry?  Maybe he feels guilt for all of the Christians he had put to death and he feels a need to prove himself and be accepted?  Who knows? 

I guess it is just a great example that we all have weaknesses, even when we are devoted to Jesus.  Our lives don't become perfect when we accept Jesus, they just become much more fulfilling and peaceful (in a spiritual sense).  If you haven't done so already, give Jesus an initiation into your life and see what I mean!


No comments:

Post a Comment