Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Wow, I never thought of it that way before!


Check this out!

2 Corinthians 10:17-18(NKJV)
But “he who glories, let him glory in the Lord.”  
For not he who commends himself is approved, but whom the Lord commends.

One of the cool things about living in God's favor is the way things "just sort of magically work out".  What I mean by that is sometimes God actually gets involved and  makes the individual pieces fall into place.  Some would call this coincidence. 

Personally I believe that coincidence is just the word used to explain all of the little blessings that God works in our lives that He does anonymously.  Let me give an example from my life this past week. 

I have been looking to transition to a new field.  I have had lots of offers in my current field but nothing much outside of my field.  Last week I saw an ad that looked like it would be perfect for me.  I clicked on the link and started filling out the online application. 

Part way through the application I started having problems.  The ad had the name of the person in charge of hiring so I called her and told her about the problem I was having.  She said it was strange because they had had no other reports of problems.  She then gave me her direct email address and asked that I send my resume directly to her.

I did so and she called back before the end of the day and said she wanted to interview me.  To make a long story short, I was hired for that position today.  Pretty cool!

But the coolest thing for me is how God's favor caused that website to mess up just for me so that I could make contact with the person I needed to make contact with and provided the opportunity to send my resume directly to the person in charge of the hiring process!  Or is it all just a coincidence?  :)

Would you like to experience God's favor in your life like that?  It starts with accepting Jesus and asking Him to guide your life.  From there you just need to build your relationship with God by actively seeking Him day by day.  The more effort you put in to drawing closer to God the more you will experience God's favor.

So why not get started right now by asking Jesus to guide your life?  Just have a conversation with Jesus.  "Dear Jesus…."

Now let me get back to my final point.  The part I had never thought of before.  "But whom the Lord commends". 

Again let me use my current example.  When God works everything out like that He is actually recommending me for that position.  Wow, that's pretty cool!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment