Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

The Perspective of Maps


I just started the book of Galatians (again).  A question popped into my head.  (Thanks God for sending the question!).  Where is Galatia? 

So I did a quick search for Biblical maps of the Mediterranean.  Here is an example of what I found.  I especially like this one because I am reading Paul's letters and the map show Paul's 3 missionary journeys. 


What I had never realized before is that Paul's journeys repeatedly took him through what today is Turkey.  In fact Galatia went right through the middle of Turkey.

So what you might ask?  The reason I find it interesting is that the current head of Turkey is doing his best to turn Turkey from a somewhat secular country into a Muslim dominated country to usher in the 12th Mahdi. 

I didn't realize that Turkey's Christian heritage predated any Muslim influence by at least 600 years.  I never would have understood that without looking at a map!

No comments:

Post a Comment